Wednesday 30 October 2013

All's Fair in Love and War

We all know what bull the above saying is. Nothing is ever fair, especially in love and war. Since I have never been in a relationship, I'm the furthest thing from an expert on love there is. Heck, I barely know anything about war.  All I can tell you about both subjects is based on what I have observed, which is not much. I'm not here to point fingers or to offer sage advice about relationships. I'm just trying to make sense of how relationships work, mainly the romantic kind. Why is love so closely related to war? Maybe it's because they're both messy, painful and destructive. Who knows? My friend compared relationships to building a boat. Go and read her blog. It makes a lot of sense when she put it like that. Love isn't the be all and end all of life. Like war, you have to pick up the pieces and rebuild your whole life in the aftermath. You can't walk away and hide from the world just because you broke up with someone. Life doesn't work like that. It's cruel and harsh but it's reality. No matter how much you want to turn back time and change things, you can't. Don't throw your life away over something you can't control. If you're not meant to be together, then it's not meant to be. Don't push it. You don't need a partner to make your life complete. This is what I believe. No offence to romantics throughout the world. Love is simple, people are complicated. You don't have to blindly follow my words. I'm commitment-phobic. What do I know about relationships? I'm scared of getting hurt so I avoid cultivating close relationships with anyone, even my family. I never contact any of my old friends. I only speak to my relatives on Chinese New Year or on special occasions like weddings and stuff. I always put up a wall whenever I'm interacting with other people. I'm painfully shy. I abhor speaking to strangers. I am uncomfortable with physical contact. I prefer the company of books to living, breathing humans. Point is, I'm screwed up. So, just disregard everything I had written about love and follow your heart. Pray to God and He will guide you on the right path.

P.S. God bless you.          

No comments:

Post a Comment